Mary-Kate Olsen Covers Interview Magazine



Mary-Kate Olsen strikes an artistic pose in the March 2009 issue of Interview Magazine. It’s a great feature, so here are some snippets:

I know you also have a place in L.A. and you go back and forth a lot, but do you think you’ve made New York your place? I’m definitely bicoastal, but I have to say, it’s easier to live in New York than in L.A. I feel like people respect other people’s space a bit more here. Everyone has the right to that freedom, right? Everyone has that right. It’s freezing in New York right now. In L.A., it’s sunny. But I would choose freezing over being followed.

You’re a renter, right? Yeah, I rent. It’s hard for me to figure out where I want to be. But it’s definitely in New York. I feel like New York throws different challenges at you and you can be more creative.

I hear that your clothing lines, The Row and Elizabeth & James, are breaking into menswear. Was that a natural progression? I think that was our strategy from the beginning. We also have shoes coming out-they’re going to be beautiful. Everything’s looking pretty solid.